Friday, June 02, 2006

ANTI FREEZE PLEEZE

guys i'm buggered.

finished first draft almost a fortnight ago. sent it off to a few of my personal 'gurus'. in came the feedback, much of it lacerating, but lots of it extremely constructive and positive and useful.

one thing clear - huge amount of rewriting to be done. more frightening still, lots of NEW writing to be done. also, many fundamentals to be re-examined, the most notable among these being why the fuck am i hanging on to this finding of proof of love, when that is the one thing that seems to be strangling everything else like a big, ugly weed!

anyway, i gave it all time to sink in and gestate and germinate and whatever the hell else happens to these little maps of the way forward when you internalise them. they've cooked, good and proper. i know what it is i'm missing, i think i know what i need to do.

but i'm quite frozen. i can't go near my pc or my writing pad. and i'm having this psycho dream every other night of a production of proof of love that stops dead as the first actor enters. everyone looks at me as if to say, come on then, what next? and i don't have a clue what next and everyone wants their money back and shernaz (!!!) is really angry and gives me the cold shoulder.

i swear i'm not making this up. if it wasn't so scary it would be quite funny.

meanwhile, i read east is east again and oh boy! isn't it truly kickass.

any ideas on what might thaw this out? and ram, put those fucking brass knuckles away!

2 Comments:

Blogger ramganeshk said...

sometimes big ugly weeds are actually delicate and rare creepers that gently permeate through a beautiful structure, giving it incredible strength, while remaining completely invisible on the outside

Somewhere in between all
I lie confused.
Screw the sages
and the lovers of life
and the answers wise men have known.
I'll make my own rules
alone.


some mad poet chick wrote this stuff, I think she is stunning...

11:25 pm  
Blogger harriet said...

I once had a freeze like that. A mentor read a first draft of a book and absolutely tore it to shreds. I too was paralysed and dared not go near the word processor. So I know just how you feel. But it does go. I'm not even sure how, but I think you have to somehow force your way through it? Maybe a little at a time? I'm not use, you see, at advice, but sympathy I do have.

11:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home