Monday, July 10, 2006

Deadline!

July 10th 2006 - a spaced odyssey

A playwright drifts through outer space without a space suit.
He looks at the curvature of the earth far below.
A full orchestra is in orbit nearby.

Orchestra:
Duuunnn DUNNN dun DONNNNNNNE!
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Playwright:
Well! This is the deadline. And the draft is_

Orchestra:
Duuunnn DUNNN dun DONNNNNNNE!

Playwright:
But right now it's kinda_

Orchestra:
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Playwright:
Quality writing time is tough to find... I've not been sitting on my_

Orchestra:
Buuummm BUMMM bum BUMMMMMMMM!

Playwright:
IDEA! I've developed it, but the fact is I'm_

Orchestra:
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Playwright:
_TRYING to get some clarity on the whole thing. I'm stuck in my head right now. I just want to_

Orchestra:
Ruuunnn RUNNN run RUNNNNNNNN!

The orchestra hurriedly swim towards a space station and hide inside.

Playwright:
_NO. Not at all. I'm waiting for that flash of inspiration. Because I'm not sure if you know_ What the!

The sun rises and the radiation fries the playwright to a crisp.

Playwright: Aiyeeeee!

Orchestra (muffled, from inside the space station):
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

End of scene.

3 Comments:

Blogger ramganeshk said...

Yay! Im rich!
Muahahahahaha!

Now all I need is another six hundred million of you and I'm fukin off to Barbados. Hehe.

P.S. - I'm dismayed and aghast that you overlooked the strong socio-political commentary that this piece sub-textually tackles.

2:01 pm  
Blogger ramganeshk said...

I'm taken aback by this affront.

Nyah nyah I can say things in bold AND italics. Oops.

P.S. use html tags.
swars the expert.

or

http://www.problogger.net/archives/2006/02/20/basic-in-post-html/

2:55 pm  
Blogger ramganeshk said...

To bold and italicise stuff enclose them within tags such as shown below.

<b>bold</b>
<i>italics</i>

Just remember that the first tag opens the formatting, and the second (the one with the slash) closes it. If you don't close a tag you'll get this error - "Your HTML cannot be accepted: Tag is not closed:"

You can also 'nest' them one inside the other to get
<b><i> bold & italicised formatting</i></b>

I've also discovered that the override for the HTML printing paradox is '&'l't';'x'&'g't';' where 'x' is the override tag, (ignoring the quotes) or smthn like tht.

This is a manual approach. The "Blog this!" link from the options bar on top pops up a mini-window that has an e-mail like click formatting interface.

This is worth another rupee i think.

12:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home