Friday, December 01, 2006

Again, and again

Somebody stop me!

This time, it was twenty metres away. Claymore, they later told us. The shrapnel opens a small toothy grin in the window above my head (oh, did I mention they were shatter-proof?)

Then, the firing. Yell at my team to get away from the windows. Just get the hell back into the corridor. AK-56 assault rifles, a few together, sound like the movies tell you they're supposed to. The firing stops. I risk a peek from behind a pillar. The target steps out, gets into a less damaged car, and zips away. It's been all of a few seconds.

They pick up the pellets, from the floor, from inside someone's car. Little round things, thrown around by the Claymore.

Some pellets not so lucky. Embedded into a skull here, a heart there. Their journey has come full circle.

Looking forward to idyllic and tranquil Bombay next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger ramganeshk said...

Dude! Dude! I knew finance could be high risk but this is absurd!

Keep it together.

2:11 pm  
Blogger Cloud Mother said...

Wow, that sounds like the ideal place to be in...when are you getting out of that place?

6:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home