Thursday, May 04, 2006

Don't stay away too long...

Guys, I found this quote that says so much of what I feel about this space and us.

" We are all longing to go home to some place half-remembered and half-envisioned, a place we only catch glimpses of from time to time.

Community.

Somewhere, there are people to whom we can speak with passion without having the words catch in our throats.

Somewhere a circle of hands opens to receive us, eyes light up as we enter, voices celebrate with us whenever we come into our own power.

A community of strength that joins our strength to do the work that needs to be done.

Arms to hold us when we falter. A circle of healing. A circle of friends. The place we find our voice. The place where we can be free."

- STARHAWK

(She's this incredible chick, a powerful voice in modern earth-based spirituality, a veteran of progressive movements, deeply committed to bringing creative power and spirituality to political activism.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Swar Thounaojam said...

march in vasind was that community for me. where i could be loony, quiet, megaphone, gazer...without being questioned why.

this space and us - beautiful.

1:14 pm  
Blogger ramganeshk said...

heheh ... the senti schpeeches keep on comin.

1:52 pm  
Blogger ramganeshk said...

Hmm... If I was named Starhawk, I'd probably have that effect on people.

Google search revealed she was not the name of a video game as I had imagined, but some trippy wiccan social activist.

How does that work then?

"Recycle that plastic packet you honky mah'fah' or I'll hex your ass." - ???

I demand an explanation Maia. (Something better than this is some emotional popcorn I trawled off the Net.)

10:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home