Tuesday, April 25, 2006

want some plays to read?

I was at the Royal Court bookshop last week and was telling the bookshop manager how hard it is for you writers in India to get hold of the texts of new plays. He is a nice man and he told me to come back later, which I did, and found he had put together a good collection of plays -- about 20, I think -- which he gave me for free and asked me to send to you people. So I would like to do this but am not sure who to mail them to. Should I do two packages, one for Bombay and one for Bangalore and let you arrange swopping and distributing (also of course to other far flung places)? Or should I just send to one person who would do it all? I don't have any of your mailing addresses, but if you would like these plays, let me know what seems the most sensible way of doing it.
H

3 Comments:

Blogger Cloud Mother said...

Harriet, you're a darling! Of course we all want plays to read! God bless the bookshop manager, but now we do have a problem, don't we? Would love to get my hands on those scripts, but how?
I guess the Bangalore guys could always pass the books on to each other--they seem to meet and be able to stay in touch. Bombay shouldn't be a problem either.
Somebody help out with a suggestion before I get greedy and demand that Harriet sends all the books to me!
By the way, great going, Rahul! I'm still on Scene Three!

2:59 pm  
Blogger ramganeshk said...

Oh me me me me me me.
Agree Agree!
Split in half, completely randomly.
And circulate between B'lore & Mumbai. (Chennai n Delhi we need to figure something. Colombo I don't know abt!)
This will enable Anuvabs script library idea to some extent.
We can swap over the lots when one or the other visits the other city.
I can put up a catalogue online of all the books and who has what currently.

10:45 pm  
Blogger ramganeshk said...

Crap. Didn't realise tht. Is it unhealthy u think - all this preoccupation with sound?

10:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home