Friday, May 19, 2006

List of Plays


I have these scripts with me, ready to courier out to anyone who wants them. Swar, lemme know which of these you want. Manji, send me your address and selection and I'll put 'em in the express courier to reach you the next day.

1. The Shallow End - Doug Lucie
2. What's In the Cat - Linda Brogan
3. The Break of Day - Tinberlake Wertenbaker (quite good)
4. Blest be the tie - Dona Daley
5. The world's biggest diamond - Gregory Motton (very, very good, I thought)
6. The beauty queen of Leenane - Martin McDonagh (Superb - my favourite so far by a mile)

Also have a xerox of Sara Kane's Collected Plays, if anyone wants.

By the way, Proof of Love first draft over. Shiv, Anu, Ramu, let rip!

5 Comments:

Blogger Swar Thounaojam said...

mcdonagh and mamet for me and ne other play that manji doesnt choose. the sarah kane's stuff also please. will it be too much if i ask u to send me the photocopies of the plays that manji decides to take? else i can always take the rest in august or u can send it thru ram also in june. thanx babes.

5:30 pm  
Blogger ramganeshk said...

Out of curiosity...
What did you like about
The beauty queen of Leenane?

1:37 pm  
Blogger harriet said...

I agree with Maia about the Beauty Queen -- certainly one of the most impressive of recent RCT plays. I wanted to interview McDonagh for the Faber book but he politely refused (via a secretary!) and is said to have become rather grand and unnapproachable. Sad.
Proof of Love 1st draft done, eh? Well done indeed. I long to read it.

2:05 pm  
Blogger ramganeshk said...

Erm... It's ok I guess.

I read it at the last residency in 2001. I dissected it for structure, so I guess I see it mechanically as opposed to emotionally. (Which really is my fundamental problem with everything i read... sigh...)

After Kane nothing really stuns me.

Harriet? Is the dedication that Simon made in Motortown to 'Princess Sarah' for Kane?

9:42 am  
Blogger harriet said...

Don't know about the dedication -- I will ask him and let you know.

11:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home