Monday, January 22, 2007

Books!

Hey,
Have been bugging Shernaz over the past few days, and whoever else I can catch about getting the books Harriet got for us recirculated. Did everyone even get to have a look? Everyone who wanted to, that is. Maia sent some books to me which are now with Shernaz. These were:
  1. Wertenbaker: Break of Day
  2. Donnelly: Bone
  3. Brogan: What’s in the Cat
  4. Daley: Blest be the Tie
Where are the rest? There were 25 in all, and that's all I've seen! Can we please have the lot back in Bombay in the course of the festival so that we can all have a look at the books and read/photocopy what we want to?

Come on people, whoever has them--share!

4 Comments:

Blogger harriet said...

I hope these turn up but I also am going to send some more as soon as I get hold of them. Shall I send to Ram for distribution?

1:10 am  
Blogger Cloud Mother said...

Thanks so much, Harriet! What would we do without you?
I'm cool with whatever works in terms of distribution. Am perfectly happy to have them sent over to me, too, since Ram will probably be travelling after the festival. Or whatever else suits everyone.

12:06 am  
Blogger harriet said...

Manjima -- I will happily send you some but need your postal address!
How's the 2nd leg of the festival been, guys?

9:02 pm  
Blogger Cloud Mother said...

Hi Harriet!
The second leg of the festival was, for me, slightly disappointing. The venue was very different from Prithvi, both in that it completely lacked the festive atmosphere of Prithvi and in that the way both authorities and audience approached the plays was very different. People walked in well after the plays had begun, without ushers, mobile phones rang out and the general audience reactions were unpredictable to say the least. Prithvi had clearly spoilt me! The good thing, though, was that this was exploration of a very different kind of space, which made us look at the play in a different way. This experience will definitely help us to prepare better for future shows.
What did you think of the whole experience of watching the plays?
My postal address:
147A, Pocket C, Siddharth Extension, New Delhi-110014
My mobile no. is +919810738157

6:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home