Tuesday, March 13, 2007

News!

Whew! Just got done with my sister-in-law's wedding and came back to...this. Quite a lot happening out there, eh? I think we need to move beyond this issue now. This blog space was intended to be an angstboard/bonding/sharing space for a group of writers who came together coincidentally and decided to communicate with each other of their own free will. I don't think this is or should be space for bitching. Quite frankly, I'd rather not hear people voice their feelings about another group of people on this blog. I think it dilutes the process and takes this space to a zone which cannot be creative. I don't have anything personal against anyone, not even Vijay, because I understand where he's coming from, although I don't approve of his means of expressing himself. I've had my one-on-one with him over this, and I don't think it belongs here. Please don't turn entries into rants--not this kind, at least. Creative block rants are fine, but personal ones are very very bugging for those who aren't a part of the issue.

At my end what's news is that am trying to take the play travelling. Just one BIG problem... need to seriously rewrite the play before that happens. Am in the process of rewriting my first play, and that itself is taking forever. Please, those of you who saw my play, I'd really like some feedback. And really, I CAN take harsh words. Would appreciate them, in fact. The only thing is, would prefer them over email, if possible, cause its personal and not an issue others may want to read here. The only one I've heard from is Swar, and a little bit from Harriet. I know Ira and Sachin saw my play...did anyone else? Haven't heard from them, either. Please do write. You guys know what it's about, so I'd rather hear from you than from people outside the process.

This apart, I was thinking we need to get beyond the festival now. It's been two months, guys! Come on! Get on with life and writing! Whether or not the book happens, all of us have had a wonderful launchpad, and that's reason enough to buck up and get our acts together...wouldn't you agree? This was intended to be the beginnings of a community, so let's work on that, please. I have a feeling a lot of people out there are visiting this blog for the masala element...is that what we're finally about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home