Saturday, April 22, 2006

Long Time

I have had to work hard on this. Also call up a very irritated Ram early in the morning because I just couldn't log in. Turns out I had forgotten my password.
Sorry Maia and Manjima. Turning 43 has little merit- But it would have been worthwhile if I had known two beautiful and intelligent women were wishing me on that day. Thank you.
Manjima, I am landing up in Delhi tomorrow and am around until thursday. One number corporate assignment. I was wondering if we could meet up. Apart from the writing, I also wanted to speak to you about the work you do. A lot of it seems very interesting. And I was wondering if we can do something from Bangalore to help you in your development work. I would give you a call when I am in Delhi.
Rajiv, Keep in touch da. Strange though it may sound- I miss you sometime.
Shiv, good to hear from you. I am starting work on a film script soon and was hoping I can seek support and inspiration from you whenever I am stuck. You are right about the process. I thoroughly enjoyed the Royal Court workshop process.

Boss, you and I have lived long enough to know that if we write a play and if it is important for us, we would stage it. But it is not an ideal situation. I feel writers should just write and someone should respect that work enough to give it the widest possible exposure. All our struggles seem worthwhile if the new generation of writers have a better deal than us. It would be nice to have my statement interpreted in that light- inadequate and inarticulate as I am.
Ira, Ram tells me you are in Bangalore between May 9-13. May 12th is the launch of my first novel at Oxford Book Store at 6.30 p.m. Afterwards my wife and I are hosting a small party for close friends. You must attend both. Maia and Kunal are coming to read. Then there's Ram, Ajay and me from Bangalore. Unfortunately Swar is leaving or must have left for Manipur by now. So she isn't around. But the rest of us can have a mini Vasind and after the party play Uno.
The invitation is being extended to all writers, actors, organizers who are in Bangalore on that particular day. If a friend from the workshop decides to surprise me on that day it would make my day.
Now- Haircut!

1 Comments:

Blogger ramganeshk said...

FYI: I was actually irritated because the party I was at the night before, got hijacked by a bunch of low rise-jeans-undie-displaying-'multicultural' crowd that insisted on playing hip hop the whole night. And then you want remote tech support at 8:20am when the problem is memory related! Argh.

6:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home