Sunday, April 09, 2006

writersblog06

writersblog06 Sunday Morning Ruminations
Bangalore has never been so hot. And I have a class at 11 a.m. Two of my filmmaker friends are offering a short course on film making and I have to go through all the shooting scripts the students have prepared and help them with stuff like plot, theme and sub text. I had a look at some of them last night- all of them seem interesting. Woman with schizophrenia, a train getting stolen, rape in a chemistry lab and new servant girl learning her place in the house. The unexpected bonus of attending the Vasind workshop was Sachin's film. Taught me a lot about short films and powerful visuals. I would keep going back to it while doling out feedback today. Thanks Man!
Write a weekly column for a Bangalore based political tabloid. The editor has received virulent letters protesting against what I write about the theatre establishment. He got an especially vicious one last week and asked me to meet him. Last evening I put on my most rebellious martyr like face and went all prepared with a speech on how I would always fight for the truth.
"Keep it up Vijay," he said. " We need more columns like yours. At least people are reading it."
Life is like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home